13 Oct 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

9 Comments Cooking/Baking

Okay, I don’t know if you ladies are asking for recipes to mock me, but you’re getting them either way!  Here’s a bread I used to make all the time to pretty great reviews.  It’s been a couple years since I’ve made it, so I’d love someone to try it and let me know what you think!  The following recipe is for one bread. Just double it for two! And if you like it super banana-ish, add a little more banana!

Sift Together:
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt

In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 C. Sugar
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
2 eggs

Add dry ingredients to wet and combine
Stir in 1 Cup Mashed Bananas and 1/2 Cup chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for about 45 to 50 minutes.
If middle seems undercooked, cover with foil and bake an additional 4 minutes. Then turn off oven and leave an additional 4 minutes if needed.

Tags: , , , , , ,
Related Posts

9 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Bread”

1. Reply Andy says:

ELVIS BREAD !!!

Wish I would have seen this last night when I found three bananas in the fruit bowl that were well past ripe. I did make banana bread, sans peanut butter, and served it to Bill and Kate for breakfast with cream cheese. Beats the usual hurry up and eat breakfast if toast with nutella. Next time I’ll try your recipe, but I’m adding chocolate chips. Peanut butter and bananas and chocolate chips? Sounds yumtastic.

Um, Christine? There are chocolate chips right there in the recipe, after the bananas. So don’t think you’re soooo dang smart. 😉

• Reply Christine says:

LOL! Thats what I get for reading on my teeny tiny phone screen after having a not so teeny tiny brandy. Funny!

It is delicious! I doubled it due to having six bananas moldering away in the fruit bowl! I didn’t have choc chips on hand, so added a chopped, half of a crisp, granny smith apple. I wanted to share, so baked in mini-loaf pans (yielded 9). Next time, we’ll try it with chocolate!

4. Reply Kristin says:

I made this tonight. It was sooo good! Thanks for the recipe.