30 Oct 2010

What’s your morning or evening routine? (Or both?) I’m kind of obsessed with finding out if everyone does the same thing every morning & evening like I do?

MORNING:

Wake up with the first “Mommy!” being called from the next room, around 6:45.

Put on my turquoise robe with white polka dots. (sexy!)

Play in son’s room for a bit.

Start coffee.

Make son breakfast.

Drink a cup.

Make my cereal: Kashi Go Lean & Cheerios with Stevia, frozen blueberries, and almond milk.

Play dinosaurs on the floor with son.

Unload dishwasher.

Get son and myself dressed. (Some mornings quick shower, some mornings shower after drop off)

Brush our teeth.

Say goodbye to Daddy.

Drive son to school.

Home for second cup of coffe, shower, put on makeup and start the day.

NIGHT:

Put son to bed somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00PM.

Wash face.

Clean kitchen.

Clean Living Room.

Check emails, tweets, comments, etc.

Get a bowl of cereal (same as from morning)

Watch something on TiVo.

Brush and floss + ProActiv routine (I’ve used it for about 12 years)

Make morning coffee so I only have to turn in on when I wake up.

Get a glass of water.

Tip toe into Garrett’s room to see his lovely, sleeping face.

Bed between 10:30 and midnight.

Crossword puzzles for 15 minutes.

Sleep

Those are some EXCITING routines, no? No. What’s YOUR routine?

Tags: , , ,

Get dressed while watching Morning Express w/Robin Meade
    Wake daugher again
    Start breakfast
    Take daughter to school 7:15-7:30
    Back home to finish breakfast 7:45
    Off to work 8:15-8:30

LOVE that you have to wake your daughter twice. My parents always had to do that! (Sometimes THRICE!) I wonder if Garrett will EVER sleep late enough to be woken up by me? I’ll probably have to wait until he’s in his teens. He’s quite the early riser. Haven’t set an alarm in three years!

2. Reply Ange says:

Morning – alarm goes off so friggin early 6:15am
    Snooze for 10-15min
    Jump in shower
    Make breakfast arounds 6:45am
    Work 7am

Night- come. Home 5pm
    Wait for dinner
    Eat snacks, watch tv and have dinner between 5-7pm
    Check emails etc
    Than arounds 7:30pm watch a DVD
    9:30pm packed in bed to do my boring routine again and again and again m-f 🙁

If I had coffee I’d be hypo but in saying that have to deal with mayor boredom no coffee it goes good on boring days but can’t do:(

3. Reply Ariana says:

I wish I had a real routine. Various attempts at establishing one have been waylaid by various events, like a broken arm (mine) or a vacation (the family’s). The time between waking up and hitting the door is never the same.

Not so sure that’s a bad thing. (Aside from the broken arm.) Part of me really relishes the daily routine, especially the morning one. But mixing it up is kind of nice too. I guess the weekends are when I “freestyle”!

4. Reply Dana says:

Work days I have to be up at 4 am, so my routine is basically sleeping until the last possible minute, then grabbing the little one as rushing her (still in pj’s) to her grandparents. Ugh, I don’t even like thinking about it!

HOLY COW that’s early! I did the 4AM thing for nearly nine months and couldn’t hack it. Hey, be glad your daughter gets to go to her grandparent’s house! That is such a blessing for both of you.

Wake up at 6:30. Wake son up. Make his breakfast and lunch for school. Brush teeth, get dressed, and take him to school. Go to physical therapy then home. Have a slim fast shake.
    At night I make dinner. Clean up, answer emails, and fill my orders for my seasoning. Watch scary movies. Then get ready for bed. 🙂

6. Reply flawlessmom says:

Forgot to say I make my son’s lunch every night! (Between checking emails and having cereal) ha!

I used to make his lunch at night until he got older and said the bread tastes old if I do that. I’m thinking he should make it himself now 🙂

Yes, if it’s a sandwich I try to do it in the morning. Heck, if he’s old enough to make his own… Yeah! (I know, I know. The guilt!)

8. Reply Liz says:

Wake up in the morning laying on a couch in a room that smells like dog urine (sadly I am not joking). Brush teeth and maybe find something to eat if there is anything that doesn’t turn my stomach bad enough. Take a shower hopefully. Jump on the computer and look for a job. Spend the whole day trying to find work and texting sometimes the one person in my life that keeps my sane. At night sign off the computer finally and lay down on the couch again in the room that smells like dog urine.

I lost my job and was pretty much homeless. Had to move back in with my mom who is a hoarder (Clean House wouldn’t even want to come here). She has 4 not well trained dogs that would rather pee on the carpet than go outside. The house has a second bedroom, but she is letting her “boyfriend” sleep in there because there is not enough room in her bed for him…not that he even wants to sleep in the same room with her. Both of them have hepatitis and with my father dying of AIDS I am extremely paranoid of catching something.

Oh, sometimes I go to my friends house when my mom lets me take the car (I had to sell my car a while back to have money). That is the only time now when I feel normal and can be happy. So that is my daily routine…I wish more than anything it wasn’t.

I’m so sorry. I truly hope your situation changes soon.

• Reply Liz says:

Thank you. I didn’t mean to be so negative when I posted that. But as we all know in life we all have our moments where we are not at our best and feel like we are drowning. Putting it out into a public forum like I did maybe wasn’t the right thing. I’m sorry…but thank you for your kind words.

My alarm goes off at 7:00 am at which time I promptly smack snooze and fumble for the off button, waiting in twilight sleep for kate’s alarm to go off at 7:21. By 7:22, Kate is pushing me over to climb into my bad for the morning snuggle hug. Then I get up, let Foxie out in the yard, feed Foxie and the cats and then go pee and brush my teeth. Then I tell Kate to get out of my bed only to find she is on the couch watching tv. Tell her to go pee and brush her teeth and then make lunch for her and for Bill. Then I yell up the stairs to Bill to get the hell off the toilet and get in the shower because it’s a quarter till eight already. Then I ask Kate what she wNts for breakfast and she says, “what do we have” and I say “cereal, eggs, toast, English muffins, bagels, that’s it,” and she says, “I’ll have peanut butter and jelly cut into a shape and leave the crust in my plate and strawberry milk.”. So I fulfill her breakfast order and while she eats I go take a shower. When I get out of the shower I poke my head out the door and yell, “are you done eating?” and she says, “yes,” and I say, “did you start getting dressed?” and she says “no I’m watching tv” and I yell, “GO GET DRESSED, WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN TEN MINUTES!” and she gets dressed, I get dressed, I make Bill coffee to take with him to work, kiss Bill goodbye and get him out the door, I do kate’s hair, I hustle Kate to the car and take her to school, and I come home to my quiet clean little house and I smile and I put on music and I sing loudly and off key while I do dishes and laundry and thank God for health and joy and family and friends and facebook and flawlessmoms like you and me.

I’ll share the evening routine later 😉

Morning routine

06:15 Out of bed. Feed cats. Scoop out litter boxes. Shower. Hair and makeup. Dress. Catch the 7:33 am train into the city. Stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee. Have breakfast of oatmeal or cottage cheese and fruit at my desk. Get ready to face what the work day brings at 08:45

Evening routine

Depending on how the day goes I usually catch either the 5:11 or 5:36 pm train home. Home between 6 and 6:30.. Watch news. Fix dinner. Catch up on emails. I try to do some quick cleaning project such as running the vacuum or cleaning the bathroom so I don’t have to do it on the weekend. I will do a load or 2 of laundry while watching TV. Read a chapter or 2 of a book. Catch up with my sweetheart and head to bed about 11pm to do it all over again

The weekend routine varies depending on what I have planned. But I always take time to sit at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee and enjoy the view out my window.

Thanks for sharing! It’s somehow comforting to know that people do the same things over and over like I do. 🙂

11. Reply TracyK says:

6:30 am The baby monitor starts screaming at defining volume (because I’m so afraid I may sleep through it if its not all the way turned up), I start nudging husband and telling him its his turn to wake up with the kids (and immediately start to think if it really is his turn or if I need to think of a creative reason why its “his turn”). IF he gets up, I watch him in the monitor get whoever it is that woke up (if its Leah, the monitor was crying, if its Brandon, the monitor was talking or singing or laughing or calling mommy or daddy). After staring lovingly at the monitor, through my squinty morning eyes, at my husband, I finally turn the monitor off and go back to sleep for 10 more minutes (or longer on the weekends) before getting up to slap on some makeup and brush my teeth before my husband comes back and says he needs to start getting ready for work.
    If he didn’t get up, I get up and grab whoever woke up first and pray they won’t wake the other, but they always do. Then its playtime, breakfast time, (and on preschool days for Brandon make lunch and pack extra clothes time). I make more formula for Leah and coffee (double cup of cinnamon hazelnut, four splendas, sugar-free creamer to the top of my travel mug) for me.
    On school days, at 8:35 I realize that “shit we have to leave in 5 minutes” and I proceed to tell Brandon its time to pee on the toilet and get dressed, to which he responds “NO PEE” and I say, “well, then do you want to wear a diaper to school?” and he says “NO SCHOOL!” and I say yes, school, you LOVE school, you get to see this teacher and that teacher…” and he says “YES, SCHOOL” and I say “ok, lets go pee.:” Then its debatable whether we have a whole nother round of “NOs” or not.
    Eventually, he’s peed, dressed, and then its to the car! While I’m strapping Leah in and lifting her carseat over his carseat to get it in (because my car is against the wall on her side), Brandon is climbing in the front seat of my car to “drive”. Eventually, I get him in his seat and we’re off to school, talking about the cars or trucks on the road or he’s clapping and humming to 50s doo wop (at least this morning).
    Get to school, walk him to his class, kiss kiss, “mommy always comes back,” out the door,strap Leah back in the car, drive home with Leah crying because she’s ready for a nap (as am I), think I’m going to go for a walk, but don’t because its “too hot, too cold, raining, insert excuse here” and wait for the nanny so I can work!

Evening routine.
    Dinner between 5:30-6:00, bath at 7, two stories, little bit of milk for Brandon, “hug for a minute and rub my back” from Brandon, Leah gets a bottle. Kids are asleep by 8. Do whatever we want from 8-10 and then sleep.

Aren’t you glad you asked?

Sorry I am late with this. Very rough week. My morning routine is strange. I get up between 2 and 5 every morning. If I didn’t pick up Craig’s lego’s off the living room floor before bed then I do it first thing in the morning. I go on the computer and play mindless games, Craig gets up between 2 and 6. His routine is he gets shaved, shampoo and shower, gets dressed, goes into the living room and sits on his love seat and plays with Lego’s until it is time for breakfast. All his hygiene needs has to be done for him. After he eats he gets to play on the couch again until it is time for the day program. Before he gets up I take my shower. I put on my robe and while his breakfast is cooking in the microwave I get dress. Then I feed him brush his teeth. When I get back from droping him off I do laundry, make/change his bed make my bed and do the house work. At night before he goes to bed I brush his teeth, get him wash up and change him into his night clothes. He goes to bed between 10 and 10:30 pm. I got to bed between 11 and midnight. Having a special needs adult is very interesting. Each day is different. His choice not mind. (LOL)

Besides thinking this is a CRAZY schedule, I’m wondering how you survive on such a small amount of sleep!