20 Nov 2010

Thanksgiving is Thursday and I’ve already asked a “Thankful”-type question, so this time I’m going to ask you about… FOOD. The Thanksgiving feast is by far and away my favorite meal of the year. I love everything about it. To me, it’s comfort food times 100, and I wish we could do it more than once a year. Biscuits? Roast turkey? Pumpkin fritters? Cranberry sauce? Sweet potatoes? Mashed potatoes? White Trash Krab Salad? Gravy? AND STUFFING??????  Oh, and pie. And mulled wine. BRING IT.

So my FSQ is this: What is your favorite meal? If you could have anything on a plate, what would it be? Even if it’s a combination of foods you’ve never had before. What do you wish you were eating right now?

Oh my god. Thanksgiving is so close. I can almost taste it.

And now, I’ll take this opportunity to say that I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with great joy, people you love, and unbelievable food. 😉

Tags: , ,
Related Posts

I’m gonna hafta go with twice baked potato, grilled veggies, T-Bone steak (100% grass fed), shrimp salad and pumpkin pie and/or cheesecake with fresh, mixed berries or fresh cranberry sauce with raspberries…. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I love steak! I use my special Sherry’s Steak Seasoning on it and it is so good. Garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a buttered roll! Now I’m hungry and I won’t even be having a Thanksgiving meal beause I’ll be at Disneyland!!
    I hope you and everyone else has a fantastic Thanksgiving filled with all the things you love 🙂

Sherry’s Steak Seasoning, huh? Mine is season salt and garlic powder. Then again, I don’t think I’ve made steak in the house for years. Weird. I never think of it! Hope Disneyland is GREAT!!

My mom’s chicken cacciatore over linguini. Best meal ever. Did you hear me? BEST MEAL EVER!!!! This is the reward meal. The holiday meal. The I love you meal. The “even though you had chemo today, this will make you want to eat” meal. The “I’ll never make this like my mom does” meal. Better than heaven. Better than sex. Better than heavenly sex. I pity all those who will never taste it. Yummy yummy yum yum delish. I love my mom’s chicken cacciatore. I may have to call and tell her how much I love her chicken cacciatore. And how much I love her 🙂

You must tell her. I am not sure I’ve ever had chicken cacciatore. And I especially haven’t had your mom’s chicken cacciatore. So yes, you should pity me. Better than heavenly sex? WOW!

• Reply Robbie says:

Wow, I want to go to your mom’s house now. I don’t know if I’ve ever even had chicken cacciatore but I’m pretty sure I want some of hers!

4. Reply Pat says:

I love the Thanksgiving feast, but my favorite everyday meal would be a breakfast (and I don’t really “do” breakfast) of french toast (no butter), canadian bacon, and grits and cheese. Mmmm.

OMG. Let me just say that I could eat breakfast all the time. We’ve started doing a breakfast for dinner thing about once a week now where we have pancakes, ham and eggs with cheese. Our son could eat pancakes every meal. And I LOVE GRITS!!! You’ll be having all that tomorrow, won’t you? 😉

For special meals, nothing beats the Thanksgiving feast.

But, my absolute favorite meal is a bacon cheeseburger with the works and french fries. Washed down with a Diet Coke that cancels all the other calories of course. 🙂

My all-time favorite dessert is Creme Brulee.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Lisa!!

Man! People are reminding me of things I love. I haven’t had a bacon cheeseburger in a while! But last week I DID have a double double from In ‘n Out! Sooo good. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

6. Reply Verna gene says:

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving =) I’ve gone to my church the last few years & church ladies are the best cooks!! Thanksgiving dinner,Bar-B-Que, Cheeseburger & Fries……let’s just say I’m a meat-a-tarean I eat meat,fruits & veggies,oh & I eat chocolate every day <3

7. Reply Twi_covenmom says:

I’d want red velvet cake with cheesecake from Cheesecake factory, crab fettuccine Alfredo and cheddar bay biscuits. Very carby very good.

8. Reply krepthin says:

I love my mom’s Roasted Rosemary Chicken Breasts with Roasted Red Potatoes, Onions and Tomatoes. The vegetables are roasted and the chicken is browned. Then the chicken is put on top of the vegetables and roasted til done. The flavor and resulting sauce is amazing. Baked potatoes topped with cottage cheese and chives are also a favorite. At restaurants shrimp cocktail or peel & eat shrimp with cocktail sauce are my splurge treat. I’m addicted to Paul Newman’s Orange Ginger Salad Dressing on my iceberg lettuce salads.

Holy Cow that roasted chicken and veggies dinner sounds great! Our new favorite thing to eat around here is roasted broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. We eat it like potato chips! Potatoes and cottage cheese? That’s a new one! I put cottage cheese on everything but I haven’t tried that!!

My favorite meal is a small grilled Chicken breast with boiled beets, onions and turnips and steamed asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, and peas.

Happy Birthday Lisa,

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. I hope everyone has a safe and joyful day.