27 Nov 2010

This was my birthday week and Thanksgiving week, so it was a pretty great week. I got to celebrate my birthday with a very good friend, shopping with money that wasn’t really mine (GIFT CARDS), sharing a delicious meal, and having great conversation. The night before she had cooked an amazing birthday meal with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple pie. The night of my birthday, family came over to share in the fun and we had a lovely evening. Tonight, more friends, more wonderful times.  And tomorrow… Tomorrow I have a 24 hour date with my husband that I am looking ridiculously  forward to. That’s my favorite gift.

So, what is your favorite way to spend your birthday OR what is the best birthday you’ve had so far?

I’ll be, ahem… Busy all day. But I’ll see your answers sometime Sunday.

Hope your holiday was so perfect.

Tags:
Related Posts

1. Reply Ange says:

Fav bday was family dinner My fav meals r cooked
    Cherry sauce schnitzels mashed potatoes and ice-cream

Than with my 9 sisters some of em buy me stuff my only brother bys me DVDs i luv my movie nights

Loud big family nephews niece eat Scoff food than we play and than part over:)

I hope you have a great weekend :). My favorite birthday is just having a great dinner with family and reading. One of my favorites that I have had was going to a restaurant where they dressed up as different characters and someone would go around singing to you. I had a Mai Tai and joined the person in singing to me. I can’t sing. Poor people! Lol

Are you reading during dinner? Kidding!
      I get so uncomfortable when people sing to me! I love that you were brave enough to join in! Good for you! THAT is what having a birthday is all about… Being a goofball! 😉

3. Reply Juliet says:

My fave b-day was my 30th, great party thrown by friends-madly in love, surrounded by love. Followed closely by my 40th for much the same reason. Do not fear the 40’s; they are rockin’

I’m not fearing them too bad! (Just a little.) Friends, family and love are ALL you need for a good birthday. I guess your next favorite will be 50?

4. Reply BlutoBlotto says:

My most memorable was 40 – we gathered a clutch of friends in Reno. There was lots of fun, alcohol, and not a clock in sight. I may have turned 40 there but I really don’t remember exactly when it happened.

5. Reply Myranda says:

We had a tradition growing up that the birthday girl (or boy in my dad’s case) got to pick where we’d have dinner that weekend. I have always been a HUGE fan of Chinese food and always wanted to go but it was so expensive for all 5 of us to go so I rarely got it once my youngest sister (7 years and 3 days younger than me) got old enough to really eat out. Now I am married to a man who is not adventurous when it comes to other cuisine so if I want Chinese food on my birthday I have to hope it’s during the week when he has to work. I haven’t had a birthday party in years but I just might have to for my next one. I’ll be turning 27 and with any luck I will finally be pregnant. I don’t need a drink to enjoy my big day!

• Reply Blutoblotto says:

Hey Myranda – I share your love of Chinese food, and like you, for me it was something my family seldom if ever indulged in. It was not until college that things changed for the better! When my lovely wife and I were dating years ago, she had never really tried Chinese food, as she was raised in a small town that didn’t offer much variety. Also complicating things is her total dislike of vegetables! Fortunately, we were able to focus on noodles, soups and meat dishes and now she goes out for Chinese even more often than I do, as she works near a killer Szecuhan restaurant.
      All is not lost, and it is possible that once your husband is introduced to well-prepared, fresh and flavorful Chinese cuisine that he may be pleasantly surprised. I am guessing that he was exposed to canned chow mein as a child and justifiably developed an aversion. That stuff’s yucky!

Has an adult we really don’t celebrate birthdays. We do get to choose what the dinner will be that night.

My favorite birthday was my 50th which I celebrated last year. My best friend Shelley took me to the Four Seasons in Philadelphia for Sunday brunch. She rented a town car to take us there in style. We had champagne and the waiters brought a special dessert plate with Happy Birthday written in dark chocolate. It was a wonderful day.
    My other celebration last year was tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet at the Academy of Music in Philly. My hubs sprang for the really expensive box tickets. It is such a magical ballet and I enjoy it every time I see it, but those seats were awesome! Afterwards we went to dinner at a little French bistro.