15 Jan 2011

23 Comments Flawless Saturday Question, Uncategorized

Where in the World do you live? Β And what do you love about it?

I have always lived in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, California. Β I love it because it is and always has been my home. I love it because it’s an underdog, always made fun of by those on the “other side” of the hill. I love it because it was once famous for creating the “Valley Girl” which had it’s own song and it’s own movie, and which got me a LOT of attention in the 80’s. I was the ultimate Valley Girl. I still am, actually.

I love it because it’s getting more and more cool restaurants and bars. Not that I go to any of them very much, but I’m glad they’re there because one day I will go to them. I love the trees and the homes and the memories I have here. I love that I know which way is North, and which is South, completely based on Ventura Blvd. Β I love that the home I grew up in is here. I love that the home G is growing up in is here.

I love the summers because they’re scorching hot during the day, and absolutely perfect at night. I love how close I am to the beach, and to Hollywood and Downtown L.A. I love it here because it is my home. Why do you love where you live?

Tags: , , ,
Related Posts

I love where I live because it’s perfect for me. I live in Arizona and I love the heat. I grew up partly on the reservation here with my aunt and uncle. I love the mountains and the desert landscape. It truly is beautiful here πŸ™‚

Only been there once and was at a spa the whole time. But I loved every minute!!! I want to go back!

• Reply Sandy Lopez says:

Well, that is a big question for me to anwser, I’ll do my best! I live here in Jacksonville Florida! I like it here, however, I would love to move to San Diego, or Las Vegas! I loved living in San Diego years ago, and for 5 glorious years I was in Heaven. I have lived in so many states, and I can give you the good and bad of each of the states I lived. I truly love the whole state of Florida, there is great entertainment here and fabulous deals for residents, always something to do, and the weather is warm! Its easy access to vacationland, Disney World and all the amusement parks, must I say more what it all has here in Florida! Enough said where I live, but my biggest problem of living here is not that I don’t like it here, I have lived in so many states, and I miss everything what other states have to offer! Miss Colorado very much, most friendly state of people, they would do anything for anyone, don’t miss the cold weather! Miss Washington state, and all the good seafood, and fishing outdoor hiking etc. Miss California all the outdoor activities! So, right now, I will stay here in beautiful Florida, but I miss the west and might anticipate Las Vegas in a year or two.

I’m always amazed by people who move around so much, since I’ve never left where I live!! Sounds like you like where you are now, but you’ll one day come back to the West Coast. That’s a cool way to live, knowing you’re going to have different experiences coming up all the time.

2. Reply Ange says:

I live in Australia Brisbane … It’s home πŸ™‚
    It’s super hot here in Sumer alot of storms… Loud storms too…. Hate storms…. Our winter is ok it’s fresh cool and cold which I luv…
    I mean we live in a awesome area close to local shops and restaurants… But the city is 45min away… Our city is ok… But not the best… Well shopping here isn’t as good as it is in America….

So that’s why when I go to the states hopefully mid yr I will shop till I drop…

I should mention the humidity….. Like today so hot!!! We have awesome beaches though… Specially at noosa … Water is pretty and blue… πŸ™‚

Hubs was in Australia as a teen, and still talks about it all the time. We promised we’d go there on vacation one day when G’s a bit older. Always wanted to go.

By the way, how are you and your family/friends doing with the flooding???

3. Reply Maegan says:

I live in Vista, one city east of Oceanside in North San Diego County. I love everything about it here. I love that we are juuuust far enough inland that we don’t have the dreaded marine layer in the morning and afternoon, and we are far enough west that it’s not blazing hot most of the summer. We have clear blue skies first thing in the morning, when you can see the gray on the coast, from my kitchen window. We have a nice breeze on top of a rise, it could be better, but it’s something. We have an awesome yard, fully enclosed, great to release the beasts, oh, i mean kids, into to go play. We are close to target, walmart, a couple malls, all the essentials, but we still have farm stands and farm land and trees and fields. It’s quiet, but we can go 15 minutes away and be in the thick of “city”. 45 minutes to downtown San Diego, 45 minutes to Mission Viejo, an hour-ish from Pomona fairgrounds, an hour and a half or so to Palm Springs. What else can you ask for? I’m FROM Michigan – it’s way better here.

You’re like a tourism ad for Vista!! Sounds pretty dang close to perfect. Sounds like you’re grateful for it, too. And that’s pretty dang cool.

Oregon…four seasons, (ok, three with the transitional rainy season), clear skies, clean, clear waters in our lakes and rivers,, abundant wildlife and the opportunity to raise one’s family and live one’s life the way you choose. We live an hour from the Pacific Ocean, an hour to Crater Lake, minutes to world class fishing, skiing, sailing and hiking in country so beautiful it is almost beyond belief.

When you live in a rural setting, the lifestyle is definately more about quality, not quantity. Raising our cattle organically, our horses, teaching our children and grandchildren about the traditions and sustainability of a rural lifestyle is something hard to quantify; but so special to us. We love living here and we love being able to share our good fortune with friends and family.

Having never lived in the city, I cannot say what I’ve missed. My time(s) spent in cities were for work and, while there, the visits to nighclubs, restaurants, shopping and cultural events were lots of fun, but I always found myself, within a few days, longing for the quieter, slower paced life “in the country”. ( It’s probably more of an age thing now) County mouse, that’s me.

I’ve BEEN where you live, lady. And it’s magnificent. I’ve had fantasies about waking up on that land, having coffee and looking out at the fields and trees. I might go crazy being so far from a city, but I could do it for a while. And I could do it over and over again. You are one lucky woman!!! (And generous with sharing your place as well!)

• Reply AL says:

Your room is waiting πŸ™‚ Coffee and organic oatmeal with freshly picked blackberries (you picked, of course)! Sleep in or go hiking on the ranch OR run along the North Umpqua ! We’re adding chickens this spring for free range eggs! πŸ™‚

I live in Philadelphia. I love the history of the city and what it means to our entire country. I challenge anyone not to feel patriotic when they stand in front of the Liberty Bell.

I love the diversity of our population. We have awesome restaurants and markets from so many cultures.

The city is central to so many other locations. Within a couple of hours I can be sunning on a beach, skiing down a mountain, visiting the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, the Smithsonian in Washington DC, or a Broadway play in the Big Apple. Not to mention the farmlands of Bucks County, or Wyeth country in Delaware.

We have museums, sports of all kinds both professional and collegiate, multiple universities and colleges, world-class health care, ballet, opera, murals, theatre,festivals,.. Just so many opportunities to entertain, enrich. and celebrate the 4 seasons.

Although public transit can be a major pain in the ass, I can do my part to conserve. I love that I can get anywhere I need to be by train, bus, or subway. I can also take the train to NYC, Washington, Baltimore, and many other cities. I am just so comfortable knowing that I know how to get where I need to be by more than one option.

I grew up as a Midwestern girl., but Philadelphia is HOME!

That rocks!! My mom grew up there. I went when I was 12 and did feel quite patriotic at the Liberty Bell and at the museum where we saw all the American History stuff. I think it was the “American History Stuff” Museum. (I’m so lame.) I think we also went to the Norman Rockwell Museum! I hope to go back again someday. Everyone I’ve ever met from Philly is pretty great, too.

I live in Dallas TX a very cold city as far as people go. They are not Friendly at all. I know you want positive. Dalas has a lot of sports if you are into that. The area also has a Six Flags, all kinds of museums, in the fall one of the biggest state fairs around. I do like the winters not to cold and very little snow. Summers a little bit to hot. My heart belongs to the New England states. 4 seasons and mountains. But after reading what Sandy worte I would love to go to Colorado. I would love friendly people. They do have mountains there, I have seen pictures.

Yes, Colorado sounds gorgeous. I want to go there sometime. I’m surprised to hear that people you’ve met in Dallas have been cold. That stinks.

I live in Upland, California, currently, and It has quite a bit of small town charm. Fiance’s family all live here, and I moved here from Sarasota Florida to be with him 10 years ago! I grew up in Ohio, and lived on a farm. I still love to plant things and grow gardens, and I adore animals, but unfortunately the heat here kills most things I plant. We are actually considering a move to Northern California…Sometime. Upland is just perfect for now. I will say my commute isnt terrible either…Brea is only about 1/2 an hour away!

Sounds great, actually! Haven’t been to Upland. I’m going to look it up to see where it is. (I have Valley tunnel vision. You’d think I’d never been ANYWHERE!)

8. Reply Karen says:

I live in Northern New Jersey, right outside of New York City. We really have the best that life can offer. I can get in and out of New York City without a hassle (if I plan around rush hour traffic). I can see a Broadway show whenever I feel like it. If I want to go to the mountains, I am 30 minutes away. I can get to the beach in 45 minutes (and no, the people from that stupid show “The Jersey Shore” are not from New Jersey, they are a disgrace to my beautiful state). I have often thought of moving, but where would I move where I have the world at my fingertips?

9. Reply flawlessmom says:

That sounds GREAT! I spent a week in Hoboken and loved it so much. This sounds just about the same. Is it? I love the East Coast. I sort of think I was meant to live there, but then God knew I couldn’t take the cold so he put me in Los Angeles.

10. Reply Mr. Bloomberg says:

You’re so good at this blogging thing!!!

11. Reply Ange says:

Sorry I apologize for not reading ur comment earlier I’ve been so tied down working… And I’ve been meaning to check ur blogs but work!!!

Australia is a nice place u have to go in the hot spots of beaches …and the shopping is ok not better than America:)

So u asked about the flooding… We r ok… Thanks for asking … Oh though my sisters got evacuated from there building in the city as Brisbane river was over flooding it was pretty sad… Now it’s clean up.. We didn’t get effected at home:)
    My work didn’t either everyone elses did… I’m lucky:)