17 Feb 2011

Here’s what goes on…

20 Comments Career

I’m wondering if I should start posting short blogs about my schedule for those of you interested in what goes on with “the business” (from the perspective of someone who’s “in” it, but not “big-time”).
For instance, today I have an audition for a guest star role on a Disney show. I’m reading for casting directors who have cast me before, (In Hannah Montana and Cory in the House), and it’s for a very fun, physical-comedy-type role.
This morning I’ve been going back and forth with agents and my manager about a deal we’re trying to negotiate.
All while waking up at 6:15, feeding myself and my son, showering, putting on makeup, playing games at PBSkids.org with G-man, getting him ready for school, taking him to school, and working on my audition.
I’ll leave here in 20 minutes, drive down town, audition, come back home, do laundry, clean the kitchen, and pick G up with his play-date from school.
And that, (if all goes as planned) will be my day.

*UPDATE*

So, my audition went very well BUT there were a lot of very funny, talented women (most of whom I recognized) going up for the same role.

I came home to find out I have a session at Vh1 tomorrow to do one of their “list” shows, ie: “40 Greatest Hair Bands”. Yes, I did that one. I also have an audition for a pilot tomorrow. A drama. It’s been a long time since I’ve gone out on one of those.

I have two hours to go over my lines for the audition and some of the research for the Vh1 show before I pick up Garrett and his friend from school. I’ll do the rest of my work after he goes to bed. OH! And I did a load of laundry!! (Patting myself on the back.)

Keep in mind, except for one week in August it’s been DEAD for me for over six months. It’s been a glorious time of me at home with my men. And now, all of a sudden, I’m thrown back in the thick of it. I think telling you all about it will help me see if I’m doing an okay job of balancing everything, or not.

20 Responses to “Here’s what goes on…”

Good Luck Lisa!

2. Reply Allison says:

I care 😉

I love reading about your day and what it takes to be in your business. I love TV and it is a big part of my life. I have no idea what it is like for all the wonderful people who are on the shows. I really hope you get something to be back on TV.

4. Reply Alice says:

I care, too! It’s fun to see how stars are normal people, too! Your day looks a lot like mine, except instead of auditioning for a Disney show, I’m going to try to get my son to do his homework on the commercials between the Disney shows. And instead of playing games with my little guy on the computer, I’m going to play Farmville while he asks for his turn (just kidding, I don’t do farmville……I do frontierville). Haha! Good luck!

5. Reply krepthin says:

Please do blog about your day. I love reading about how the other half lives, and your life is so far removed from mine.

6. Reply Hclie says:

Unbelievable how you balance all that! Good luck!

It sounds to me that you have everything under control. I know how hard it was for me to work when the boys were little. I never could get it al together. Good luck with everything.

I think you seem to have a nice balance going. Plus, you know what’s important and will do things accordingly! I think your very impressive and would love to hear about your days! I wish you all the luck with all that you do!! 🙂

9. Reply Mother-in-law says:

Let’s see, should one of those boys be helping you with some of those things and then maybe you wouldn’t have so much too balance. I think I remember that the oldest of those boys you talk about could do laundry.
    It’s exciting to hear all that is going on.

Yes, I vote for shared laundry duties and I’m sure Russ would oblige! In my case I have to decide between “help” and the extra clean up afterwards, but the point is, he does help after all these years!
    You’re doing a great job and it brings back many memories (minus the auditions)..now, what if G Man wants to start auditions?!? 🙂

11. Reply Koch says:

Wow. I have a penis and I have to do MOST everything around here (to be fair, MOSTLY during weekdays only) and I STILL work. Russ struck the MOTHERLODE. How does he get away with it? Congrats on laundry.

12. Reply Koch says:

I would NEVER want someone else doing my laundry! Not even when I’m rich and jerkish.

13. Reply flawlessmom says:

I apologize for not responding to each of you individually on this one. I love that so many of you commented. I’ll keep this up as much as possible and see how it goes.

Mom, Russ is definitely helping out. He helped a lot with G’s play date today and is now helping IMMENSELY with the stuff I have to do for my VH1 job tomorrow. See? You raised him right!

AL, if G wants to audition? Hmmm… We’ll see when he’s older. Ugh.

Koch, Russ does a ton around here. I just don’t blog about a lot of it. But yes, he hit the motherlode. Mother being the operative word. (Horrible pun. Sorry.)

14. Reply Koch says:

Hey, I never said he didn’t do anything. I just get envious of the fact that you cook, clean, and do laundry for him! BUUUUUT this we knew.

Me, I clean toilets.

Yay! We will get to see you on tv soon! Kate and I totally remember you on Cory and Hannah and would love to see you on Disney again. And I’m addicted to those late night list shows. I’ll be looking for you! And a pilot! Awesome! I know that whatever you do, you will be wonderful. Know that you have your own little fan club sitting on a very cool red couch in a very funky livingroom in Wayne, New Jersey 🙂

16. Reply Megan says:

WTG! As a SAHM with a working actor hubby, I recognize that schedule. Our weeks revolve around auditions, call-backs, shoots, etc. The difference being we’re in Chicago, not LA (he used to be). It’s an odd schedule, but I love that he’s home a lot during the day, even if it means nights working (for theatre) or days gone sometimes (for commercial stuff). Hope it all keeps snowballing for you in a good, nnot overwhelming, way!!

Thanks, Megan. Yes, it is a CRAZY schedule. And it’s so weird to be thrown into it again after six months of being a SAHM and LOVING IT! But it feels better this time. Less pressure because I know what’s most important now. 😉