22 Apr 2011

Home

10 Comments Family

Wednesday at 5:48 PM, I got off the plane and walked as fast as I could toward baggage claim.

About 20 minutes prior, I had ducked quickly into the bathroom to see if I could do anything about the two pimples that popped up during my second flight, due to the 10 DAYS IN A ROW of very heavy makeup. Couldn’t they have waited until after my husband saw me for the first time in 2 weeks??

Figuring there was nothing to be done, I continued along my way.

At the end of the escalator stood my handsome husband with my beautiful boy in his arms.

They say kids change daily, and I swear it looked like Garrett had grown an inch and had become a college professor. As we waited for my luggage, Garrett charmed the executive producer of our show and met other fantastic folks I had worked with. He and I did some of our slo-mo boxing and were getting some weird stares.

In the car, G asked me to sit near him and even asked me to cuddle! That rarely happens. The car, by the way, had been washed and waxed. Nice.

When we got home, I immediately noticed it was spotless. Russ had spent a lot of time cleaning, doing laundry, shopping to stock the kitchen, and changing sheets. He and G had picked out some beautiful flowers for me, too.

Yeah, I have a pretty amazing husband.

The last two mornings, waking up with my family has been even sweeter than usual. G and I were up this morning alone for three hours, pretending to be bad guys fighting criminals, boxing, hanging laundry and laughing.

Now he and Russ are laughing and playing sword fight with baseball bats.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal for the Listen to Your Mother show. I can’t wait to meet all of these awesome women.

I’ll be working the next two weeks IN TOWN. I bet it’ll feel like an absolute breeze. And I’ll get to kiss my boys goodnight every night.

Counting blessings. This could take a while.

10 Responses to “Home”

1. Reply Mother-in-law says:

It makes a mother’s heart sing when she reads what a good man her son is. He not only took the best of care of Mr. Garrett while you were gone but did all the right things to make your homecoming great. Thanks for sharing that and tell him I’m really proud to be his Mom!!!!

Mom, you should be SO PROUD. You raised an amazing man. He and G had so much fun when I was away, and I couldn’t feel more lucky if I tried!! We can’t wait to see you!

Dorothy was right: There’s no place like home. Glad your homecoming was so awesome!

Laura, Dorothy is my new guru. I thought I appreciated home before… But it’s a whole new world now!!

Your just oozing with love and love of home, how wonderful! Good job Russ! I does all our hearts good to know that love can be shown so many ways, but giving of one’s self and time to someone we love, because we WANT to…just the best! Your own personal version of CLEAN HOUSE! Yes! Welcome home!….and congratulations to Mom-in-law too! Good job!

I’m so glad you are home and so jealous that you have a cooking, cleaning, child caring hubby! I’ve been following your journey the whole time you’ve been gone and totally connected to the feeling of being away from home and family for work. I’ve been running the Easter bunny picture booth at the mall for three weeks, and Kate has been so sad about me not being here. But I came home every night; I don’t know how you did that many sleeps away from your baby and your hubby. My house is curently not a clean house at all — apparently I am the only one who can do dishes, laundry and straightening up around here — but I also come home hungry to either a hungry family that I then cook for or a family who ate mac n cheese and saved me none. So happy homecoming, and yay for your hubby for doing such a great job.
    Today is my last day in bunny hell. I can’t wait to be a full time mommy and homemaker again.

Christine!! OH NO! What happened? Why was no one helping? Ugh. I hate that for you. I’m glad you’re done now and back to being home. I do feel very fortunate that my hubs stepped up in that way. I feel like me being away that long was a huge learning experience for us both. Now YOUR hubs needs a lesson!!!

🙂 So happy for you Lisa! Sounds Wonderful!