30 Apr 2011

What do you want to know???

I’m exhausted.

It’s my 11-year anniversary, I was a drag queen for many hours today at a Clean house yard sale, and I was up for quite a while last night with my son.

So, you know what? Today I want YOU to ask the FSQ. That’s right! NOW is the time to ask me anything you can think of to ask. I know it’s presumptuous of me to think you’d have anything to ask me, but just in case… I’m giving you permission.

If there’s nothing you particularly need to know, just go on about your day. Or congratulate me on 11 years of marriage. Or make me a cup of coffee.

Congratulations on 11 years! Thats awesome 🙂 I hope you can celebrate when your not so tired. Have a great weekend! I would ask a question, but you keep us well informed and I know you are a great person 🙂

Thanks, Sherry!!! We actually celebrated with an amazing meal and a night at a hotel!! Sooooo awesome.

2. Reply Meri / mybelovedrebel says:

What values do you most want to pass on to your son?

Meri, awesome question!
      My first thoughts: Kindness, generosity, self-awareness, and the ability to not be swayed from his beliefs. And, possibly the most important, a FANTASTIC sense of humor!

3. Reply Sue says:

Congrats on your anniversary! Saw the photo of you and Iseman in drag on Twitter. You looked totally hot and he….um well he has nice legs… Question: Behind the scenes of CH – Really how much work does the cast do in making over the house. I know the designer does a lot but truthfully how much hands-on does the yard sale organizer and go-to-guy really have to do?

Sue, the designer does a TON of work, from helping pick the house to mapping out a design to picking out furniture, paint colors & artwork, to painting murals and designing wallpaper! Matt does some, but not all, of the handyman work, and the organizer has a big hand in picking out storage and figuring out how to set stuff up. But a ton of the work is done by an incredible staff of people behind the scenes. I just show up and talk!!

4. Reply Robb says:

Congrats On 11 Years!! Now name 5 things that your hubby used to do 11 years ago – that he still does today without even thinking about it – that makes you fall in love with him all over again – each time he does it.

Robb, hmmmm…. Interesting!
      Kisses me good morning & goodnight.
      Grabs my butt when I’m cooking.
      Tells me he thinks I’m beautiful.
      Supports me in everything.
      Makes my coffee if I haven’t already made his!

I could go on… But you only asked for five! 😉

Happy Anniversary!! Best wishes for many more!

Life throws many things our way. Is there anything in your life that has turned out exactly as you planned?

Thanks, Laura. Wow. I have to say that I never really had any “plans”! I knew I wanted to perform, be in a loving relationship, & be happy. But I didn’t know how or when any if it would happen. Then, I knew I wanted to have a family but definitely didn’t plan for it. I guess I could say it all worked out just how I WOULD HAVE planned it… If I planned it.

Happy anniversary! Am so glad you are back on Clean House. Can’t wait to see the new shows with you in it. Still wish that Mark was still in it.

Happy Anniversary! Question…himmmm…..If you won the lottery, I mean mega gazillions, what would you do? (Besides world peace, I mean)

AL!! If I won millions… I’d be creative just for the sake of being creative, out from under the confines of what networks want or how much money I’m making. I’d buy a tricked-out bus and travel the country with Russ and G, stopping at every cool diner and sight-seeing everywhere! I’d put away everything we need for G’s education & our retirement and use the rest to have a BLAST with our friends and family. And I’d give a large amount to charities I believe in. Oh, and of course I’d have life-sized busts of me, Russ, and G… Made out if marshmallows.

Happy Anniversary! No Question, just smileys…:) 🙂

9. Reply Karen says:

My question is… did you see the disgusting picture Matt posted on Facebook of his feet? It was so gross that I had to hide it. He wants us to feel sorry for his one day in heels? Get real.

My real question is… are you back to full time hosting Clean House? You did Messiest Home, which is the biggest show of the year and now you’re back hosting again. Just saying?

Hope you’re rested and relaxed. Next Sunday will be a day of pampering for Mother’s Day! Enjoy.

Karen, I didn’t see that pic!!! I’ll have to find it. Every man should spend one day in heels to feel what we feel!

I do not know whether or not I’ll be doing more episodes after these three. I’ll keep everyone informed as soon as I know!!

Happy Anniversary! Bill & I celebrated 16 years on Friday, and Kate celebrated her 11th bday on Sunday, so your Saturday Anniversary makes a weekend trifecta of special days 🙂

My question: Who was your favorite Clean House family? JUST KIDDING!!! Don’t answer that, if its not us, I don’t want to know, LOL!!!

My real question, from one flawless mom to another: As a parent, how honest should we be with our kids? I’m an “ask me anything and I will tell you the truth” mom. When Kate asks about my experiences with relationships, sex, drugs and alcohol, I tell her of my choices, both good and bad, and how they affected my life. When she askes if I will ever get cancer again, I tell her I am well now and I hope to remain well. Whatever she brings to me, I give her the truth. I have other moms aske me to answer the tough questions for their kids, because they can’t bring themselves to do it. But, some people tell me I am too honest. And some tell me I am not honest enough. Some tell me that children do not need honesty, they need the safety of innocence and some tell be they do not ned honesty because grown up stuff is none of their business. So how honest should a flawless mom be? How honest are you with G, and how much more or less honest will you be as he gets older? And who was your favorite CH family? It was us, right? 😉

Christine, I adore you.
      We have found that the thing that makes G feel MOST secure is honesty. We tell him the truth always. As he gets older, I know we will do our best to always be as honest as possible at all times. I can’t really foresee a good reason to ever lie, unless it’s an extreme situation that involves protecting him. I think being honest with our kids makes them feel secure and I think that is so important.
      When we’re going somewhere, we tell him where and why.
      When plans are canceled, we explain.
      When someone is mean, we tell him why it’s not okay.
      When my dad died, we didn’t say, “he went away”. We told him he was gone and that he wasn’t coming back. We told him we’d miss my dad forever and we told him we were sad. Russ told me not to hide my tears from G because that was lying.
      Phew! Good question!!! Oh, and my favorite family? I think you know the answer. 😉