06 May 2011

Tonight

10 Comments Family, Personal Crap, Toddler

Tonight, we traced letters. I did the big ones, holding his finger in my hand and making silly sound effects.

Schoom! Scronk! Flink! That’s a K!
Zip! Meow! That’s a Q!

He did the lower-cases on his own, perfectly imitating the sound effects.

Watching one of his shows, he asked me what a megaphone is. I explained and showed him a picture.

Mom?
Thanks for explaining that to me.
You’re so welcome, bud.

It was that kind of night.

*******************************************
I took out this part of the post because I feel like I’m getting thoughts & sympathy that belong to my friend’s family, not mine. It’s her experience, and one that I haven’t even been close to… They have been in my thoughts and prayers and they have kept me updated. I will ask her if she’d like to guest-post her experience at a later date.

10 Responses to “Tonight”

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her son! Being a mom is full of drama. We love, laugh, live and cry. It is our greatest role. We feel their pain and we feel their happiness too. My wish is that we all have more of the joyous times and great friends to help us through the tough times 🙂

2. Reply Allison says:

I’m such a busy body…always up in the flavor of other’s Kool-Aid! Why did you have to tease that line/flavor? Sending healing vibes to the toddler. I have a hip issue from carrying Sydney & it finally popped after being locked for months! Can only imagine hip surgery, let alone on a baby/toddler. Oy’!!!!!!! You’re a great friend looking out for her & her diet needs! Bravo! Keep us posted in the toddlers outcome.
    So, you make me feel like crap letting Sydney watch Lakers & not learn how to write a letter or sound it out. Instead she saw loser’s & a grown man on the verge of a “I Give Up” moment! If no one has said to you today: You ROCK as a MOM!!!! Happy Mother’s Day weekend! May the guys treat you like the Goddess you really are to them day & night!

Thanks, Allison!! Do NOT feel bad about watching sports with your daughter! I think that is awesome!!!!

Someone told me once that when we share our joy, it’s multiplied and when we share our pain, it is diminished. Your friend is very blessed to have you with her right now.

And I love the account of your evening with G. I love those sweet little times! Buddy still comes in to our room in the morning sometimes, comes up to the bed and says, “Cuddle”. I remember when I would have to bend down and pull him up to get in with us. Now the bed is chest high to him!

Milaka, that is an AWESOME saying! I love it. Beautiful.
      I love those times, as well. They make me feel so blessed and lucky.

Your friend and her son are in my prayers and thoughts. I know how hard it is to have a sick child. Craig spent most of his first 4 years in and out of the hospital. I hope yor friends son gets to go home soon and that his pain will be gone.

Happy Mothers day to you and all the moms on here.

5. Reply flawlessmom says:

Happy Mother’s Day, Norma!!!

6. Reply Tracy K says:

Thanks to all for the prayers and positive thoughts. We’re grateful for each and every one. Wish I would have seen what you posted before you removed it girl, I love your perspective on everything, and would have loved to see it on this too. When I can think straight again, I’ll be happy to post (if you still want me to). So much love to you!

Tracy, I would LOVE if you’d do that. I have to see you guys next week. Russ and I talk about B every day. Kisses and hugs and thoughts and prayers in your direction!!!! 🙂