16 Aug 2011

Some Awesome Quotes

16 Comments Personal Crap, Toddler

Since Russ has gone back to working outside of the house, G-Man and I have been spending a TON of quality time together; even more than we did before. We’ve been having some fantastic adventures and a lot of good bonding time (which he will never remember). Over the past week he’s been dropping some awesome quotes and I wanted to share a few with you.

*Upon seeing a SCUBA diver in the water at the aquarium: “Mom, look! A SCREW DRIVER!”

*Talking about taking a shower: “We have to put the mat down so I don’t slip. My butt is hard so I could get hurt. Your butt is squishy so it won’t hurt as bad if you fall.”

*After finding my Jillian Michael’s workout DVD’s: “Mom, you have to exercise. Put this on now. I want you to exercise.” When I told him I had to change clothes: “Okay. Are you going to put on your exercise boobs?” He then proceeded to work out right next to me for ten minutes. He’s a great trainer.

*After a day of some fun, some errands, and a lot of silliness: “Mom, I love you in my whole heart.”

*Upon trying to make him laugh: “Only Dads and boys can be funny. Girls and Moms can’t.” I’ll have to show him “Bridesmaids”.

*Picking him up from school last week:

“When I get older, will I marry?”

“I think so. But you have to find someone you love very much.”

“I want to marry Penelope at my birthday party when I turn 4. And I want a radio to play “The Final Countdown”. And I want my teachers to be there.”

*And possibly the coolest of all: At school they were learning about different cultures all over the world. His classroom got Ireland and Greece. The teachers taught the kids the Greek alphabet, but weren’t sure if it was completely sinking in. It was. Garrett recited the whole thing for me and then for Russ. Russ was very proud, but said he’ll only be accepted into a fraternity when he recites it holding a burning match after ingesting three beers.

There you go. Just a few of the gems I’ve been privy to lately. Oh, kids! They say the DARNDEST things, don’t they? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I’m exhausted.

Update!!!! I just got done swimming with G. When his cousin asked why I got out of the pool, G replied:

“She was really freaking cold.”

16 Responses to “Some Awesome Quotes”

I got stuck on “exercise boobs”. WTH are those? hahahaha

Okay, but then I kept reading. “The Final Countdown” at his wedding? Smart boy, great taste in music! 😉

Melisa, he was talking about a sports bra!!!! He calls bras boobs all the time.

And I have now linked to my Final Countdown post from last October. It’s short and explains a lot.

2. Reply Allison says:

Loved that! Kids are the best tape recorders, truth tellers & natural comedy writers until the jaded years come.

Allison, the jaded years scare the crap out of me. That’s why I’m appreciating all of these amazing moments!

3. Reply Julie says:

I love the exercise boobs. I’d like a set of my own. Then again, I’d like a set I didn’t have to tie in a bow.

G is the coolest kid in the tri-state area!

I have twin 15 yr. old daughters and a 5 year old daughter. Last night at dinner, I told the twins we were going bra shopping for them today. My youngest said, “I want a bra, too.” We tried explaining that she didn’t need one and she said, “Yes, I do. I’m growing my breasts right now.”

Then, while shopping, she kept insisting that we find a bra for her. She looked but couldn’t find one BUT we were trying on a camisole for her (she HAS to be like her big sisters!) and I mentioned that the one she had on had a “shelf bra” in it. While in the dressing room, she yelled, “WOO HOO!! My first bra!!”

This afternoon, while getting ready to get into the pool, she asked me to help her put on her bathing suit. I was only half dressed – the bottom half – so I leaned over to help her. She said, “Mommy, your breasts almost touched me.” I explained that she used to drink from them. She said, “Gross. I’m five now so I don’t want to see your breasts ever again.”

I am hoping that the breast infatuation is over for a while, at least.

On a different note, my youngest rode down to the mailbox with my husband because he had to move his work truck and he drove backward back up the hill. She said, “WOW, Daddy. Your truck goes backward almost as well as Mater [from Cars].” He explained that HE was driving so she said, “[sigh] Okay, YOU go backward almost as well as Mater.”

• Reply Michelle says:

I thought of something else I’d like to share . . .

My husband has a VERY bad case of shingles and is in incredible pain. The children know this and when the 5 yr. old fell flat on her face the other day and was crying in pain, she refused to let her dad touch her – even though he was right there – and screamed for me to come in from the other room. Once she calmed down, she said that she didn’t want him to hurt more so she didn’t want him to touch her. Wasn’t that sweet??

Michelle!!!! That is amazing. Amazing!! G is empathetic like that, too. I truly think that’s the sign of an old soul.

Michelle, that was all so fantastic, I don’t know where to begin. So I’m just gonna say thank you for sharing. You made my night!

5. Reply Jessica says:

Toddlers are hilarious. Mine’s favorite thing to say right now is, “I can’t like it.” cracks me ip every time.

Jessica, that’s awesome. G used to say he was allergic to anything he didn’t like, including games or play dates.

6. Reply Koch says:

Funny stuff. That HAHAHAHA bit killed me. He’ll remember the bonding time more than you think.

7. Reply Sara says:

I know – the guilt is pouring. I was supposed to comment every time and I have fallen woefully behind. Between newhome and oldhome and newjob and oldjob I’m a mess. However, I have two contributions. My favorite ever from toddlers is “hold you.” Not in the same vein as these, but just the cutest little syntactic error around.

My five-year-old sort of nephew and his older brother (8) call me Auntie Gaga. I was there recently and he was clearly starting at my (nonexistent) “rack.” He looked kind of worried and I thought “oh. he’s just lost in thought.” I asked him what was the matter and he said “Auntie Gaga – do you have square nonnies (his word for breasts) too or just the other Auntie Gaga (that would be lady Gaga). I do not, for the record, look anything like Lady Gaga. He then asked if we should sue her for stealing “my” name. It was very sweet – slightly creepy – but very sweet.

Sara, no guilt allowed. You are welcome to come and go as you please around here. And you are always welcomed back with open arms.
      Little boys are obsessed with boobs. They just are! I was a tad worried about HOW obsessed G seems to be, but I’m finding more and more that they all are. I guess it starts early and never stops!!