27 Aug 2011

If you had one month to do whatever you wanted, with WHOMEVER you wanted to do it with, what would you do?

If I had a month with no obligations, and money was no object, I would grab my husband and son and rent a tricked-out tour bus. I’d hire a driver and we would drive across the country. We’d stop at every cool diner we could find, visit museums and amusement parks, see the sights in every city, meet new people, and have a damn good time. I so desperately want to see more of our country, up close and personal. And I want to do it with my boys.

So, if I had a month to do anything I wanted that’s what I’d do. What about you?

1. Reply Steve says:

I’d go with you sounds good

Such a good question! I would travel. I want to go to Greece, Paris, NYC, all kinds of places I’ve never been. The kid in me wants to go back to Universal Studios. I’m extremely excited because I’m going on vacation to Vegas in October to meet up with some girlfriends. Only time I’ve ever gone on a trip without my hubby and son. I hope you get to do some traveling with your boys 🙂

Sherry, that sounds awesome! You’ll have a blast!! Stop daydreaming about Universal. There are many, better places to see. DO IT UP IN VEGAS!!!

I am selfish! I want two. One without hubby and son, I would go to all the shows that I could. Like broadway shows, music shows, Would love to go to Branson. All the things that can not be done with Craig.

With Hubby and Craig I would love to travel all over the country and visit all the mountains I could find. especially the ones in Colorado. Nice cool mountains with snow on them. I can almost feel the cool wonderful air. Sorry I am sitting in Dallas Texas with 107 temperture. That is the actual temperture not with heat index. I Love the mountains! I really hope you get to travel with your guys. It would be a great history lession for your son.

Europe (all of it) with husband, sons, and sister.

Ireland and possibly, New Zealand. I’m sure there are more interesting things to see in the world, but those two countries hold a strange attraction for me. I would love to explore with husband, but he isn’t so much on traveling, so would send lots of postcards!

New England in the fall and perhaps Kentucky when the derby is happening…so many beautiful plantations and horse farms I would love to see for myself.

Motorhome sounds like fun, I hope you get to do exactly that…and soon!

Me too, AL. By the way, I’ve been to New England in the fall and it is UNREAL! I think you need to go to some of those places… Don’t you?

6. Reply Poppy says:

I’d go to a fat farm type spa with my laptop. Hiking in the morning, personal trainer in the afternoon, massage by the pool …. blog and tweet by the pool with no interruptions while someone prepares my 1200 calorie a day meals. Perfection.

Poppy, that sounds freaking perfect. I actually spent two (free) days at Canyon Ranch in Arizona years ago, and it was pretty much exactly that. There were also exercise classes you could take all day. I would go back there in a heart beat. Oh man. I wish. But can we bump the calories up to 1800? I mean, come on!

After enduring an earthquake, hurricane and waiting to see how much flooding we get when the creek crests, I am ready for a month off!

I would take the husband, my brother and his family, my 2 best friends and their families and rent a yacht. Fully staffed with a cook, housekeeping etc.. We would sail to all the magnificent ports in the US and other parts of the world. Maine, Rhode Island, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Islands, Monaco, you get the picture.

We would relax and enjoy some pampering and seeing the sights. You could get on and off at your whim. And if Hugh Grant or Colin Firth decided to hop on board, I wouldn’t kick them off! 🙂

Ah, to dream..

A yacht!! I like the way you think, Laura. Although I’m more of a land person… This sounds kind of fantastic. Especially if Hugh Grant shows up.

8. Reply Kristy says:

I have 2 scenarios- the fun one and the more practical one.

The practical one- My husband would get to take a month off of work to spend time with the baby during the day while I and my hired helpers would be going room by room, fixing, sorting, re-doing. While that was going on indoors, there’d be a landscape crew outdoors and at the end of the month we’d feel like we lived in a brand new place and it would be a much better environment for my baby!

The fun on- We’d take a month off and have a private plane to fly us to every single relative (well only the ones we like) we have for a visit and we’d stay in the best hotels with chefs making us healthy, yummy meals.

Oh my gosh, Kristy! The practical one sounds SO GOOD!! That might be tied with my cross-country trek. I want to do that!!

9. Reply TandT says:

I”d travel first class – not sure where I’d go – probably to Dolly Parton’s amusement park first 🙂

T&T, didn’t think I’d hear Dolly Parton as part of these comments! As long as you’re going 1st class, I think it’s a great idea!!

I would TRAVEL! First it would be Europe: Italy, Greece, France, England, Scotland, Ireland for a few weeks. Next would be interior Mexico – the Mayan pyramids. I would end with a week in NYC going to Broadway shows, museums and restaurants. Of course I’d take Hubby and the kids, but I’d also take my parents and my brother and his family. I might be persuaded to take you and G and Russ, too. 🙂

11. Reply Mr. Bloomberg says:

See, now I’d do the same thing with my wife. But we’d do it on Harleys. (Of course, since I’m Jewish, no one in my tribe would ever stand for it. Benjamin Netenyahu himself would call me. “How could you do this to your parents?”)

LOL! Mr. B, I doubt your wife would want to do that on Harleys, so your idea is screwed from the very beginning. You can dream though! (Just don’t let the Jews see your dream.)

Okay, I’m a little late but we had an earthquake (minor damage to our home), then a hurricane with wound up being no big deal here but my MIL moved in for a few days since her home was right in its path (she’s home now with no damage). Then, today was the first day of Kindergarten for my youngest so I spent most of it crying.

Now that I’ve had a chance to read the question, I’m going to go with my initial thought and say that I’d take my husband and kids to Hawaii for one month. We’d live in the best suites in the best hotel. Yep, that’s what I’d do.