07 Feb 2012

A Good Day

8 Comments Personal Crap

In the last four-plus years, I have had many happy days. Let me rephrase that. In the last four-plus years I have had many, many glorious, joy-filled days where I felt blessed and happy and grateful.

Most of the joy has come from my family and friends. I am an incredibly lucky girl who has immensely good people in my life, a son who brightens every moment, a husband who should write a book on husbandry, (Wait, he doesn’t breed or raise livestock. You know what I meant though. ┬áHusbanding?), an extended family I adore, and friends who make my life even better.

But today was a different kind of day. Today I made my own happiness from being creative, from working at my craft, and from believing in myself. These are things that haven’t happened a lot for me lately, and I think I forgot how important they were to me. I felt, and feel, energized in a way I haven’t in quite a while. And then when I came home and played “Star Wars School” with G-Man, I think I had a little more to give to him than I usually do. And that’s saying something.

I just wanted to share with you that I found a type of joy today that I thought I had lost. And it was a good day.

8 Responses to “A Good Day”

That’s pretty awesome, Lisa. I am so happy for you. (And hopeful that we can see this venture?!?!)

I actually wrote a little about that feeling – the feeling of a job well done and of being confident – in my blog post today. If I may link to it? http://cabin77.blogspot.com/2012/02/showmanship-and-family.html It rambles a little, but it’s all related!

Many <3 to you!

Milaka, I’m gonna go get ready for bed and read that post. It was no real venture… Just a great coaching session with an acting teacher followed by a fantastic audition. I already know I’m not going further for the part, but it was the act of ACTING that made it all so great. Plus, I learned some new stuff. Not a bad day.

That’s awesome Lisa! You are so talented. I know this from seeing your talent on tv. I have no idea what you did, but I know it has to be great. So glad and happy because you deserve your happiness ­čÖé

It is SO IMPORTANT that you balance “me time” with the time you spend taking care of and worrying about everything else. (It really does make you a better wife and mother, no joke) I’m so glad you got a big taste of that! YAY YOU!

The challenge is to keep that going. ­čÖé

And that is a big challenge, Melisa. Keeping it going is my biggest freaking problem right now. But I really am trying. Oy vey, I’m trying.

Fabulous! You and Russ have made such a great family, we love you all! I’m so happy for you to be experiencing that feeling of “YES”…having it ALL isn’t such a rare thing when you have people in your life who love you! Blessings!

AL, have I told you lately how awesome I think you are and how much I appreciate your presence on my blog? Well, I do!!