25 Jun 2012

M to the U to the U times two

10 Comments Uncategorized

I have recently come to the conclusion that I don’t hate my body. I do, however, hate my body in clothes. Think about it. Without jeans, do you have a muffin top? Without a bra, do you have armpit fat? Without a waistband, does your stomach have anything to hang over? Without underwear, does anything cut into your butt? (Which is why, by the way, I still usually opt for a thong. I know. TMI.)

You see what I’m getting at though, right? It’s the CLOTHING’S fault! Clothes, especially today’s styles, are the enemy. So, I’m proposing we all either walk around naked, or we all start wearing muumuus.

We can modernize it. We can make it stylish. We can dress it up or dress it down. It’s the perfect article of clothing. No clinging, no cutting-in, no waistbands. It shows just enough of your arms and your neck. It highlights just enough of your legs. You can wear it with flip-flops or Uggs. Heck, throw on a pair of running shoes and jog in it!

I’m proposing we bring back the muumuu. I don’t know one woman who wouldn’t benefit. And, I’ll make sure it comes with pockets so you don’t have to tuck your tissues in the sleeve like your grandma did.

Let’s make it happen, ladies. Let’s love ourselves again. I mean, we look pretty hot naked. Let’s no longer let our clothing make us feel differently.

Muumuus, bitches. Muumuus.

10 Responses to “M to the U to the U times two”

1. Reply TracyK says:

Can I have one like Mrs. Roper?

Tracy, you can have whatever kind you want. I’m cutting up some boas for the hem as I type this.

2. Reply Kristy says:

I think it’s a fabulous idea! I need tye-dye ones please. And maybe, just maybe, once our bodies aren’t showing we can all start listening to each other and learning about the other person instead of judging them for being too fat or too skinny!

I like your logic, Kristy. NO judgement would be lovely. And yes, yours can be tye-dye. I’ll take one of those too, please.

I’m so there. I picture mine to be lemon yellow – like a flow-y Big Bird. Except I’m 5’2″ so I’ll look a bit more like the minions from Despicable Me. But I’m still there!

Milaka, LOL!! You can wear the bright yellow one, but only if you stand atop a tall, grassy hill with your arms out, welcoming all Muumuu-Kind.

I like Tracy’s idea up there, but I have to add that FOR ME, it would work way better for YOU to wear a muumuu and stand next to me while I’m wearing regular clothes. Thank you. 🙂

5. Reply flawlessmom says:

Melisa, you kill me. xoxo

6. Reply Alexandra says:

What?

THey’re not in??

I thought everyone was hanging out in muumuus.

That’s how it rolls in this house….(and I’m talking about the loose, unheld free to fly fat..)

Feels so good to be a body liberalist.

7. Reply Reno Personal Trainer says:

LOL muumuus…The easier thing would be to go up in a size or two in clothes to avoid having them so tight causing the unwanted bulges…just a suggestion.